LED ZEPPELIN - WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE FESTIVAL APPEARANCE?

'I told Pagey one or two people would be here, but he said he doubted that very much' Robert Plant, Knebworth August 4th 1979 ...

Friday 1 July 2016

LED ZEPPELIN - WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE FESTIVAL APPEARANCE?

'I told Pagey one or two people would be here, but he said he doubted that very much'
Robert Plant, Knebworth August 4th 1979
 
 
 Here's a question, something to ponder and discuss. From June 28th 1969 at Bath to August 11th 1979 Led Zeppelin appeared on the bill at a fair few Festivals. A dozen in 1969 alone. And if you add multi-artist open air shows they headlined like Kezar, the Oakland 'Day On The Green' events, even the Vigorelli Vellodrome in Milan July 5th 1971, we have 19 or so 'Festival' appearances.
 
 
So..... what's your favourite. The one you attended? The best bootleg? We know the band were never keen, Gee pulled them out of Woodstock for fear they would just be 'another band on the bill'. Plus his well founded paranoia regarding audio and video recording and thereby lack of control.
 
 
Here are a few posters to jog your memory cells. What's your fave? Your least fave? What footage do you like the best?
 
Please let me know, add your comments and thoughts.
 
Andy
 
TO BE A ROCK
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy, Love your Blog, I only discovered it around six months ago but I check for updates every couple of days. I really do enjoy it you post some excellent stuff. I used to get Early Days, Latter Days off you back in the day, And I bumped into you a couple of time going back a while now at the Zep convention at Crewe and another one in London. Keep up the great work I love it.

    Cheers
    Ray

    ReplyDelete